A call for translators

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

A call for translators

Post by kharnov »

We are seeking additional translators! 

If you are fluent in both English and a foreign language, we would love to have our game translated by you. The process itself is a fairly simple one, as we have a web interface set up for translation using Pootle. You simply sign up, pick the language in question, and start translating strings of text. If the language you want to translate is not present, just tell us and we will add it for you. We will add any language you'd like, as long as you're willing to translate it. Also, you can take a look at the existing translations to review them for accuracy.

Current languages:

• French

• Galician

• German

• Polish

• Russian

• Spanish

• Ukrainian

Your level of involvement is entirely up to you, and if you stick around and make a substantial contribution to a language you will be listed on our credits for your efforts. There is no need to submit a formal application, but feel free to introduce yourself on our forums. We look forward to hearing from you, and we deeply appreciate your efforts to help us expand our global reach! Your work will allow us to bridge language barriers and attract more players that speak your language.

Useful links:

Click here to read this article on the main site!

Last edited by kharnov on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:37 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
LukeTheFisher

Re: A call for translators

Post by LukeTheFisher »

I don't know how much interest there would be but I'd be fully committed to doing an Afrikaans translation for the game. My parents are Afrikaans native speakers and I've had my schooling in half English, half Afrikaans from the beginning of high school right up until my current year in university. I'd love to be given the opportunity. Thanks!

Ishq
Project Head

Re: A call for translators

Post by Ishq »

Go for it :)