Chat with us on IRC!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Chat with us on IRC!

Post by kharnov »

IRC is basically a persistent internet chatroom. We maintain two official channels, which I feel like publicizing on the forums too, since they haven't been mentioned here yet. You're welcome to join either channel, either with your IRC client (we're on Freenode), or with the webchat links provided below. Click here to visit both.

#unvanquished is our general channel. It's the less-active of the two at the moment, but conversations will start there spontaneously, and if you start talking it's very likely other people will join in as well. You can bring up off-topic stuff there. Click here to visit it.

Channel guidelines:

• Use your common sense. Don't post anything illegal, don't post links to anything obscene, refrain from hate speech.

• Be nice to others. Don't harass people, don't spam needlessly, try to help out if you have an answer to something.

• IRC is not an instant messenger. People tend to be idle on IRC, stay for more than a few moments to get a response. If you want to get someone's attention, type their name out and they will likely get a ping that notifies them.

#unvanquished-dev is our development channel. It's highly active, and it's where we do our rapid discussion of things. This is probably where you want to lurk, but try to keep things on-topic. Click here to visit it.

Channel guidelines:

• Same as above. The same rules from the general channel apply here too.

• This is a development channel. Try to stay on-topic, which is the development of Unvanquished. If people post their work, you're more than welcome to leave constructive feedback on it. You can also take part in discussions we have on various interesting game-related subjects.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Re: Chat with us on IRC!

Post by kharnov »

We have added another IRC channel!

The channel is on QuakeNet. I have added it as a backup channel due to Freenode constantly being flooded and brought down. Those of you that are regulars on our main channels should also join that one, if possible. It's #unvanquished on irc.quakenet.org, and I will always be idling there like I do on the main ones.

Here is a handy webchat link!

https://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=unvanquished