update 05.02.2014 (v. 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10)?

Get support for Unvanquished.
DwarfVader
Mantis

update 05.02.2014 (v. 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10)?

Post by DwarfVader »

hi,

today my distro's update manager pulled a new version (v. 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10) from your repository. After that the screen resolution was messed up and the predefined resolutions under options->system were gone, so that i had to manualy edit the autogen.cfg to get the game running in fullscreen (1920x1080) again. And, much more annoying, I also have to download a 130 MB 0.25_something-training.pkg VM package @ 9-11 Kb/s every time i try to connect to the trainingserver, witch would take like 1d4h to complete, if i wouldn't chancel that soo WTF guys ?!?!? ...

Please fix that, I want to play a match or two, Thank you!

DwarfVader

Whales
Dretch

Re: update 05.02.2014 (v. 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10)?

Post by Whales »

Just as a tip for the future, try not to edit the autogen, it's kind of bad form and is prone to getting rewritten.

Try making an autoexec.cfg and set things like your screen resolution, video mode, and other important settings in there to make sure that they're set even if an update has some destructive behaviors.

As far as the download goes, I'm afraid that's not my territory. I wish I could help there.

Good luck getting it running!

DwarfVader
Mantis

Re: update 05.02.2014 (v. 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10)?

Post by DwarfVader »

well, i had to delete the .unvanquished home dir, purge the unv packages and reinstall from scratch to get it to run agian. What i don't understand is that it actualy worked fine and i could play the original 0.25 release version till new 0.25.0-2ubuntu13.10 deb's arrived.

Looks like i was, firstly a bit too rash in praising the flawless upgrade from the previous version to 0.25.
(>http://www.unvanquished.net/forum/viewt ... 8&start=10)

hi there,

i have to say, that this release left a much more solid impression on me than the previous one. The install/update process was flawless on my xubuntu 13.10 installation. The new models look very nice, especially the drill is sweet. But i Do love the new 'build on' capability of the builderclass the most on this release. Whoever is responsible for that change: very good work, sir! :-)

Looking forward to a dev game with many people, to see if the lags are gone or at least less than the sometimes unplayable state of previous versions.

I truly hope, now that the filesystem transitions are done and the old render is finaly removed, the stability and performance will further improve. Even if it is still in alpha state.

Keep up the good work.
DwarfVader

and secondly I clearly underestimated the devs team capability to fail (again) in providing a solid installation and or upgrade mechanism!

DwarfVader