Painsaw (1)

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Painsaw (1)

Post by Viech »

The painsaw works pretty much like a chainsaw but it uses energy to cut and instead of wood it cuts alien structures. It was initially designed as a tool but the humans repurposed it after they found out how efficient it is at the latter task.

In game, the painsaw is the weapon with the highest damage per second. It also has a small range that should be reflected by the energy effect. The tool has infinite ammo and only needs an attack animation that can involve the disc at the front spinning.

Concept by alex_bo:

If you want to model it, post here.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Re: Painsaw

Post by Osiris »

Hey so I have literally around 4 hours of free time at work every day and I would like to work on the Dragoon but unfortunately my laptop does not have the power required to run Zbrush at the current poly count I am at. So I would love to give this a shot while I have free time at work.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Sure, the painsaw is all yours!

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

Osiris
Modeler

Post by Osiris »

quick update

no textures yet no detail sculpt or anything, just the basic mesh, and colors to give it the feel.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Oh wow. You did a great job following the concept, nice work!

Cupside
Modeler

Post by Cupside »

Really nice job. I want to see it sculpted and textured.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Hey Osiris, you're still around?

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

I'm assuming Osiris will be too busy too finish this one even after the return to finish the Dragoon. Going to reassign.