Game does not start...

Get support for Unvanquished.
Americanzer0

Game does not start...

Post by Americanzer0 »

Recognizing that I am by no means an expert at Linux but do know my way around Fedora 17 seemingly well, I am having trouble starting the game after downloading and executing the .run installer.

I receive the following error message (which I truncated to the part in which it starts saying errors...):

couldn't exec autoexec.cfgset
Loaded 0 language(s)
Couldn't read conhistory.
----- Client Initialization -----
Daemon RSA public-key found.
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
----- Initializing Renderer ----
Loading "/home/steve/Unvanquished/librendererGL3i386.so"…failed:
"Failed loading /home/steve/Unvanquished/librendererGL3i386.so: /lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _XGetRequest"
Loading "/home/steve/Unvanquished/librendererGLi386.so"…Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any ideas?

Some background info as well:

I am using Fedora 17 64bit w/ Nvidia kmod drivers....

ALiensHUmans

Re: Game does not start...

Post by ALiensHUmans »

Hi, I had the same problem. I am on Ubuntu 12.04 x86_64. I managed to run the game by recompiling it from the source (from wiki).

I think the problem is because the game uses 32 bit librarys and your system is on 64 bit ( but I am not an expert, just my opinion :) ).

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Our Linux builds are really a last resort in case compiling from source is too difficult, or there are no distro packages. I'm still trying to find a solution to that problem.

Americanzer0

Post by Americanzer0 »

Recognizing that (your linux builds are a last resort of sorts) as an end user who is more concerned with rocking games on linux than necessarily being a programming guru, and would not only like to support your game in using it, but also linux gaming in general, I think it would be amazing if there were an .rpm build for those using the red hat variety of distributions.... but that's just me ;)

Americanzer0

Post by Americanzer0 »

Additionally while trying to compile the game I am stuck at a bunch of "OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND" errors within cmake...

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Point that library to your GL library, commonly found in /usr/lib/libGL.so

Americanzer0

Post by Americanzer0 »

holy sh*t, it appears to actually be compiling, cross your fingers, and now we wait until I run into another error! ;)