Alpha 9 is ready!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
KenuR
Tyrant

Re: Alpha 9 is ready!

Post by KenuR »

ViruS wrote:

I couldn't find any file with that name but infopanes.def seemed closest [it describes the buildables] so i deleted that instead. It didn't fix anything as far as i know.

Just download pak8 and place it in your main folder.

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Apologies. OSX installer is up now.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

I talked to Gireen. From now on, the blog script will cross-post the full text onto the forums.

ziliss

Post by ziliss »

You don't need to apologize. I was not criticizing, I know that it takes time. I just wanted to know where you were.

Anyway, thank you very much, I will try it soon.

Just a question, should I remove the directory: ~/Library/Application Support/Unvanquished ?

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

If you want to reset your settings, you can remove that folder, otherwise you should keep it.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

KenuR wrote:

Just download pak8 and place it in your main folder.

It was already there.
Btw, i think i found my problem: NA server has been letting me join the server without a valid pak8.pk3 file. I look inside it, winrar said its corrupt, but i still can browse the GFX folder or something... that's the only thing that existed in it.

Also, deleted vm9.pk3, because that was 0 bytes big so i'm like wtf. Anyway, re-downloading now. [via sourceforge, took me quite some time to find the file]
http://imageshack.us/content_round.php? ... loadsz.jpg
Can't.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

After two days of attempting to download, i finally managed and i still cant find how to get radar. Can someone tell me the upgrade name?

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

icaro440
Marauder

Post by icaro440 »

Hi, in the last few days I have recommened this game to 3 people, for example my 9 year old nephew. (Virus or Forty, pls, accept my apologies, i know my nephew ruined your game XDD)

None of those three friends (besides me) could install the game using the installer because the installer stopped halfway.

However, my nephew also knows i play tremulous, and he attemted to download it using this link:

http://tremulous.net/files/

Look, there is a link that contains a zip file which when uncompressed, contains multiple executables for both systems, Linux and Windows, you dont need to take any installer, you just unzip and run the game, and no matter if you're on Windows or linux.

This is a question, and could also be a kind of suggestion ....

Guys, dont you think it would be easier for users with basic computer skills, installing / running the game from this way?

I could fix the problem of my nephew because I gave him a copy of my game, but what about the other players who were unable to download the game?, im pretty sure there are many more potential players who do not play, because they just cant download / install the game.

They do not even know if they like the game or not, just can not download it!!

Pls, Consider this problem.

See ya!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Yes, this is a widely requested feature. I'm all for it if I can find someone with decent Internet to upload it. Tremulous is only 100 MiB. Unvanquished is upwards of 500 MiB.

gavlig
Animator

Post by gavlig »

we could also use torrent for that ;) I can seed first few days after release and after that on request.