Error during Initialization (OpenAL)

Get support for Unvanquished.
Sabun

Error during Initialization (OpenAL)

Post by Sabun »

Hey there,
alright so I've download the bots2 branch from github and managed to compile it myself.

I've already downloaded all the assets as the wiki instructs. I have not yet downloaded the map packs, since it says that maps will be automatically downloaded when I try to play it.

Following the github instructions, I try to run the game through the terminal using:
./daemon

It will attempt to start up, then it crashes. The crash log states this at the bottom:

Code: Select all

compile log:
0(270) : error C1008: undefined variable "r_RimColor"

^8Couldn't compile fragment shader vertexLighting_DBS_entity
------ Initializing Sound -----
loading libopenal.so.1
Allocated 96 sources.
OpenAL default capture device is 'CMI8788 [Oxygen HD Audio] Analog Stereo'
OpenAL capture device opened.
Using OpenAL sound backend
------------------------------------
Error during initialization
OpenAL capture device closed.
------- GLSL_ShutdownGPUShaders -------
Error during initialization

This is on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit. I am not using the onboard sound card, but instead am using an Asus Xonar DX 7.1 soundcard (which is labelled as Oxygen HD Audio).

What could I have done wrong?
Also note that I still have a previous Unvanquished Alpha 12 installation from the Ubuntu PPA.
Should I first remove this PPA installation and then try compiling the bots2 branch once more?

If so, how do I uninstall all Unvanquished files and assets that I installed through the PPA?

My reason for compiling the bots2 branch is that the NA servers are located too far away, thus the ping is 500-1000 and I can't play on them or even try out the game.

Any help or guidance on this matter is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: On better inspection, this isn't a problem with OpenAL. This is a problem with glsl/motionblur_vp.glsl.

I've removed the Unvanquished I installed through PPA (at least most of it I think). Redid a compile of the bots2 branch. Even redownloaded all the assets. This issue is still there.

danmal

Re: Error during Initialization (OpenAL)

Post by danmal »

You'll want pakB.pk3 as well. Wiki is a release behind (oops).

EDIT: Jump on IRC if you need any more help. We're usually pretty friendly.

irc.freenode.net #unvanquished

Sabun

Re: Error during Initialization (OpenAL)

Post by Sabun »

Thanks danmal!
You're the man :)

That did the trick. I just downloaded the pakB.pk3 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/unvanquished/files/Assets/ manually and placed it in the main folder under build, if anyone later on is trying to figure this out.

It works! Now I just need to figure out how to make a dedicated server, and have bots in it.
Learning about the game is all part of the fun too :cool: