Alpha 12 has arrived!

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Unregistered

Re: Alpha 12 has arrived!

Post by Unregistered »

@lshq: I can't understand how you guys can rely on a software that doesn't let you do what you want with the stuff you create. But anyway, that's an other debate.

The way you split the assets make me think of how the debian repositories are organised. Maybe Unvanquished will enter in debian with an unvanquished package in "contrib" and an unvanquished-data package in "non-free". Like Tremulous, actually. I must admit I'm a bit disappointed to learn that Unvanquished didn't solve all the Tremulous issues. :/

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Actually, the licensing is all Creative Commons. However, some of our developers have chosen to add the "non-commercial" clause. That is considered non-free by Debian.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

I see infos about maps, models, textures and voices. What are the licenses of sounds and musics ?

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

&quot wrote:

You'll have to compile the bots2 branch yourself (which can be quite difficult). Bots are still in their early phases and as such haven't been included in alpha 12.

Thank you for replying.
I've had a look on your GitHub page, and I see three branches.

1. bots
  2. bots resources
  3. bots2

Which one should I attempt to download and compile myself?
I wish to use the latest iteration that is currently present on the NA servers you guys are hosting.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

Scratch that, my eyes missed the part where you said bots2.
I apologize. I'm going to give it a go on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit.
Thanks for the guidance.

danmal

Post by danmal »

Unregistered wrote:

I see infos about maps, models, textures and voices. What are the licenses of sounds and musics ?

Maps will generally have the licence included in the .pk3 (pk3 are just zip files). I'm not sure about the sound effects/music.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

I wish to create music for this game, but i'm still working my way around to using FL studo/Cubase, since musescore and other notation programs are all "MIDI/monotone" sounding.... Who created our menu theme btw, i'd like to talk to him, maybe he can tutor me or give me advice such as what program he used etc.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

seana11
Tyrant

Post by seana11 »

ViruS wrote:

I wish to create music for this game, but i'm still working my way around to using FL studo/Cubase, since musescore and other notation programs are all "MIDI/monotone" sounding.... Who created our menu theme btw, i'd like to talk to him, maybe he can tutor me or give me advice such as what program he used etc.

That would be Yriszar_

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

I know that Ardour is a big reference in the free software community, but as I'm not a musician that's all I can tell about it.

Unregistered

Post by Unregistered »

@seana11 : So Yriszar_ made the new Unvanquished main theme, and it's under CC-BY. Do you know about the other tracks ?