Quick review of "Frequently asked for features"

Request new features or present your ideas.
Ivancool

Quick review of "Frequently asked for features"

Post by Ivancool »

Maybe we can discuss some of them in detail or drop them all?.

[table="width: 1000, class: grid, align: Left"]
[tr][td]Main Idea[/td][td]Advantages[/td][td]Disadvantages[/td][td]Difficulty to Implement[/td][td]Comments[/td][td]Affects balance[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teleporting Aliens[/td][td]Helps reducing Human camping[/td][td] [/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Alien class with Mind Controlling ability[/td][td]Helps reducing Human camping[/td][td] [/td][td]Hard[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Humans Flashbang Grenade[/td][td]Increase Human Attacks[/td][td]Friendly Fire could be annoying[/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rocket Launcher[/td][td]Similar to Lucifer Cannon[/td][td] [/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rocket Launcher with Homing Missiles[/td][td] [/td][td]Camp Friendly[/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aliens with ability to go underground (moles)[/td][td]Reduce Human camping[/td][td] [/td][td]Hard[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Remote Controlled Turrets[/td][td]Increase Human defense[/td][td]Camp Friendly[/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Camouflaged Aliens (Depredator Style)[/td][td]Give aliens Huge First strike Advantage[/td][td]Could make hunting annoying[/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Camouflaged Aliens (Only Texture)[/td][td]Give aliens small First strike Advantage[/td][td] [/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Human Medics[/td][td]Increase Human's attack[/td][td] [/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Human Ammunition Carrier[/td][td]Increase Human's attack[/td][td] [/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Defense Computer Destroys goon barbs[/td][td]Increase Human defense[/td][td]Camp Friendly[/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hovel with increased capacity[/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td]Easy[/td][td] [/td][td]No[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Fuel Powered Jet pack[/td][td]No need for a reactor, reduces jet retarding camp[/td][td] [/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aliens With EMP ability (Temporarily Disables Energy Weapons and structures)[/td][td]Reduce Human camping[/td][td] [/td][td]Hard[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dummy Structures (Human, Aliens or Both)[/td][td]Very useful decoys[/td][td] [/td][td]Easy[/td][td]Should be reduced in HP[/td][td]No[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Shape shifting Alien (just alien's and Human's models not abilities)[/td][td]Increase recon for aliens, useful for setting up traps[/td][td] [/td][td]Hard[/td][td]Needs some Balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Super weapons (Nukes, EMP, Time Warper, Virus, etc)[/td][td]Reduces Camping[/td][td] [/td][td]Variable[/td][td]Needs extensive balance[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stage 3 Granger (ability to build 2 structures simultaneously)[/td][td] [/td][td]Camp Friendly[/td][td]Easy[/td][td] [/td][td]No[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stage 3 Buildkit (ability to build 2 structures simultaneously)[/td][td] [/td][td]Camp Friendly[/td][td]Easy[/td][td] [/td][td]No[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Music Support (MP3)[/td][td] [/td][td]Mp3 is patented[/td][td]Intermediate[/td][td] [/td][td]No[/td][/tr][/table]

ViruS
Granger

Re: Quick review of "Frequently asked for features"

Post by ViruS »

Rocket launchers ARE camp friendly. Which is why luci charge speed is so bloody high. I honestly thing the optimum charge time is 2.5 seconds, not 3.
Aliens underground: Well, you'll need special maps. Unless let's say, you build a hovel this side, hovel that side, press q on hovel and bamn.
Controlled turrets: Done in a 1.1 mod. Was fun as hell. Controled using blaster secondary, to pick a turret, press (r). You don't have a remote control for long range though, as you would need a gun with a portal surface on it which sucks up fps. That would be interesting to have though.
Camoflages: Done in KoRx mod. The source and shaders are available from knightsofreason.net.
DCC ability: =(
Medics: KoRx has a ckit ability to heal teammates, except ESD where it turns into a painsaw. It's a good implemention and I recommend it.
Hovel idea: ???
Fuel Jetpack: Done in KoRx and many other 1.1 mods
EMP aliens: In KoRx, zaps drain ammo, and has a potential to blow up jetpacks.
mp3: Agreed. VLC media player can convert audio files though.
s3 buildkit/granger kit (granger kit?): Meh. We could just make s3 aliens/humans build faster.
Dummy/Decoys: They aren't useful. Trust me. Unless they are a trap i.e. instant explode.
Alien Mind Control: Nope. Could encourage teamkilling.
Flashbangs: They work againts both ways, and can be overpowered if it slows aliens, which I have done in my Lolards mod. Try a suicide bomber pack next time.
Superweapons: We'll leave those to maps. Like chuck's tremship nuke. They can be fun to use though. There are mods on trem with similar things such as nukes in X server, acid spit in KoRx, EMP mara zap (not released to public), portal guns (tremfusion) etc.

Recap: Apparently lots of these are already done in KoRx :P
Also, some unmentioned ones in this reply are really shabby

ImageImageYou[TubeImage

Chomps123
Dretch

Post by Chomps123 »

why not make unvanquished compatible with trem 1.1 mods...make life easier for the KoR team too.

Don't just live life with work.
Find some time every day to have some fun. ;)

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Since it is more effort than it is worth. The KoR team can port their game to Unvanquished with minimal work (Probably 2-3 hours, really).

Ivancool

Post by Ivancool »

Dummy/Decoys: They aren't useful. Trust me. Unless they are a trap i.e. instant explode.

Well, you will lose time, ammo, money/evos, trying to destroy those so it's slighty useful.

Also, some unmentioned ones in this reply are really shabby

Yeah and these are the best i could find. I rejected from the list: Devolve Gun, Railgun turrets, flying aliens, Tyrant dretch carrier, Tyrant ability to steal weapons (wtf!), Reaper drones, Sticky "parasite" dretch that drags health from the carrier, mines, C4, spider webs and invulnerability using common sense.

banksy
Mantis

Post by banksy »

F1 medic all the way. And I also support the building upgrades.

ViruS
Granger

Post by ViruS »

Ivancool wrote:

I rejected from the list: Devolve Gun, Railgun turrets, flying aliens, Tyrant dretch carrier, Tyrant ability to steal weapons (wtf!), Reaper drones, Sticky "parasite" dretch that drags health from the carrier, mines, C4, spider webs and invulnerability using common sense.

"Devolve gun" - OP
"Railgun Turrets" = 100% accurate, slow firing turrets, although our turrets are accurate as enough, it's just the lock on that sucks crap
"flying aliens" - We all know what's going on already
"parasite dretch" - I've done that, although it didn't stick to player's heads like a jockey in l4d. It was operated like a painsaw, rather. Overpowered with good aim.
"Mines" - So many 1.1 mods have it, already said it before many times...
"C4" - Blaster operated grenades on 1.1 servers. Close enough.
Others: lol.

Ishq wrote:

Since it is more effort than it is worth. The KoR team can port their game to Unvanquished with minimal work (Probably 2-3 hours, really).

Aaron said "not as simple and time wasting" or something like that. Right now he just cbf doing it. One of his reasons was because our game is "dead" in his eyes. He did say something like "someone else can do it if they are willing" or so.
Btw, these were from months ago, and so these quotes aren't accurate.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage