Dragoon

Models and textures for players, weapons and buildables.
Viech
Project Head

Re: Dragoon

Post by Viech »

Hey, sorry for the late request but could you try to get the legs closer to the body and make the head bigger to make the dragoon appear a bit more compact and less spider-like? Something like this maybe:

With regards to the claws, I'm still not sure how they would slash without interfering with the head and legs. They could attach higher on the torso and go above the head and its mandibles but I'm not sure whether this would look good. Maybe you can think of something.

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Pinging for updates.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

Sorry... I have nothing to presnent right now, I started a new job recently , I will be working more on it very soon

-R.

kharnov
Granger
Clan: GT

Post by kharnov »

Alright, let's check up on it again soon.

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

I extended(temporarly) the arms to give you a better idea of their range

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

Torso/leg proportions are the same as on your last shot? The torso and head still appear a bit small compared to the legs. I guess the claws are fine, though you might want to make them less round and more spikey if they attack like this (like the Marauder's).

Responsible for: Arch Linux package & torrent distribution, Parpax (map), Chameleon (map texture editor), Sloth (material file generator), gameplay design & programming, artistic direction

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

I was thinking the claws would be slashing the enemies, not piercing, that's why they are curved, I also think it is more natural for an insectoid

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

To be honest something still feels odd about the limbs. On your concept #1, it looked more like a big and scary alien that could jump at you. My advice that the upper tips of the legs should go above the torso like on the Marauder was probably wrong. :confused:

RXMT
Modeler

Post by RXMT »

How about now?

I tried to make the legs less curved and more like they could be used to jump, I don't know if I succeeded...

-R.

Viech
Project Head

Post by Viech »

It's hard to tell the difference from the frontal shot because of how the legs aren't aligned in a row anymore. I think in general I'd love the model to be more like your concept #1. I feel torso and head should be much more dominant than they are now. In particular I think my advice to make the tips of the legs exceed the torso in height was wrong.