Alpha 26. Batteries not included.

Talk about anything related to Unvanquished.
Anomalous
Programmer

Alpha 26. Batteries not included.

Post by Anomalous »

We've been busy tweaking and adjusting and fixing things for this release. Batteries not included.

GameplayThe battery pack has been discharged and sent for recycling, and weapon magazine sizes have been adjusted to compensate. The radar item now uses the backpack slot (which means that, once again, it conflicts with the battlesuit – you can't have both). The jetpack can be activated when falling after a jump. Also, the ignition cost is halved. Turrets will prefer targets which require less turning time for aiming. Deconstruction of buildings has been streamlined. Telenodes no longer require power.

Dretch and mantis health are reduced to 30hp and 75hp respectively, and mantises must wait longer between pounces. The booster now emits a spore cloud when healing aliens.

Vsays are now local (map area) by default.

HUD changesKill assists by players are now shown for kills by players or buildings, so long as the assistant did enough damage. Team indicators are also shown. (Right now, these are inconsistent: we still use [H] and [A] elsewhere.)

●King Slayer was blasted by ●ultran00b; ●Dr Fail assistedYou can use a style which uses icons representing the kill method (well, mostly – we need some extra icons) with /set cg_emoticonsInMessages 1 or go back to the verbose style with /set cg_emoticonsInMessages 1. (You may also notice that the text is a little smaller.)

The scores display now uses the advanced alien class icons, matching the momentum bar usage.

Builders now see, on the building status indicators, a mark indicating the amount of power required by that building.

Rendering and graphicsWe have improved textures for the dretch, trapper and acid tube, and improved textures and model for the drill.

ImageNEW! Improved!Leaf surface merging (map render optimisation) and VBO vertex deformation are now enabled by default. These result in, respectively, more efficient rendering and more efficient handling of animated models. Also, IQM culling is improved a little and trilinear filtering is enabled by default.

There are some lighting improvements: the light grid interpolation has been adjusted a bit, and there are also some changes to avoid darkening of buildings and player models near walls. Smooth alpha blending and light vector scaling now work properly.

Bug fixesWe've found and fixed the cause of the ‘stuck key’ bug: press and release a key, to which some command such as+leftwas bound, with the space of one local frame and the release would be mis-handled. Also fixed are some bugs related to loading of maps, re-initialisation, executable pathname(!) and TTY console input. modcase console variable interpolation is re-enabled, and map and devmap command completion (layout name lookup) is fixed.

Click here to read this article on the main site!

Last edited by Anomalous on Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:59 am UTC, edited 6 times in total.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

ViruS
Granger

Re: Alpha 26. Batteries not included.

Post by ViruS »

Meanwhile Cuboid has included batteries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNQGOUzq73A

GameplayThe battery pack has been discharged and sent for recycling, and weapon magazine sizes have been adjusted to compensate.

Horray.... I don't quite really agree with this but okay.

Turrets will prefer targets which require less turning time for aiming.

And turrets choose targets better.
Quick question, will the spinup be changed for something else (or have I missed an update where it has?)

We've found and fixed the cause of the ‘stuck key’ bug

Now I can sorta navigate (considering that my framrate is horrendously low I was effected a lot by this bug)

Anomalous
Programmer

Post by Anomalous »

[quote="ViruS"

Turrets will prefer targets which require less turning time for aiming.

And turrets choose targets better.
Quick question, will the spinup be changed for something else (or have I missed an update where it has?)
[/quote]
Well… spin-up is gone, or effectively so; turrets basically turn to the ‘best’ available target and shoot at it.

We've found and fixed the cause of the ‘stuck key’ bug

Now I can sorta navigate (considering that my framrate is horrendously low I was effected a lot by this bug)

You were caused by it? That explains a lot…

We (well, I) did two things here: fixed the order of key-press and key-release handling when both events occurred in the same (local) frame, and had the game check more often for input – previously, sub-frame input handling basically didn't work at all; now, it'll work but it relies on idle time for input polling.

Debian and Ubuntu packages (squeeze, wheezy, sid; 12.04, 12.10, 13.04) may work on derivatives

OFFEND! … no, that's not right… ATTACK!

Ishq
Project Head

Post by Ishq »

Thanks! Most recent build is alpha 27. Alpha 28 out next week.