Version 10 not working. CrashLog included.

Get support for Unvanquished.
Amazonian1515
Mantis

Version 10 not working. CrashLog included.

Post by Amazonian1515 »

Hey guys. After coming back from a short break, I download the new client, and hey presto, nothing works.

It says I have an error with initialisation, then sends me off to trawl my Library (Which is hidden on OS X Lion making it a bit annoying) to find a crash log.

[ATTACH]204[/ATTACH]

Anyone got tips? I can't read any form of coding/crash logs and only look out for keywords, which I can't spot.

UNV has been acting up on me for the past 3 versions, doing either this or having orange bordered boxes with the wrong text and buttons not working.

-Cheers, Andy

Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JOURNEYMAN
Dragoon

Re: Version 10 not working. CrashLog included.

Post by JOURNEYMAN »

Try deleting the previous version first then reinstall. You may have to delete the .Unvanquished folder form /Library/Application Support/.

Grab reality by the balls and squeeeeze!

Amazonian1515
Mantis

Post by Amazonian1515 »

Whenever I update an application, I purge it from my system. I delete Application Support files, any files it's created, the application it's self, and if I really want to get rid of it, I use terminal commands to hunt it down and destroy it. :)

danmal

Post by danmal »

Try running with the vanilla (GL) renderer.

unvanquished +set cl_renderer GL

Amazonian1515
Mantis

Post by Amazonian1515 »

Just in case you got the wrong idea…

Game crashes on INITIALIZATION. Not after starting a game, as it won't actually show me the menu.

KenuR
Tyrant

Post by KenuR »

You don't need the menu to run it in the vanilla renderer.
Although, this is a big issue IMHO. Half the people or even more have trouble running the game. This should get fixed ASAP.

Amazonian1515
Mantis

Post by Amazonian1515 »

Ahem Telling me that I don't need the menu doesn't help me. What would be great is if you told me how. Do I need Terminal? Or is it a file in Application Support I can simply type into?

danmal

Post by danmal »

KenuR wrote:

You don't need the menu to run it in the vanilla renderer.
Although, this is a big issue IMHO. Half the people or even more have trouble running the game. This should get fixed ASAP.

If your card/driver doesn't support OpenGL3 then there's nothing we can do. Some Macs that should be able to run GL3 can't or have graphical corruption during gameplay. Without someone who has access to a Mac and is knowledgeable about our renderer/openGL it's pretty difficult to fix.

Amazonian1515 wrote:

Ahem Telling me that I don't need the menu doesn't help me. What would be great is if you told me how. Do I need Terminal? Or is it a file in Application Support I can simply type into?

Not at my Mac atm but I think the following command may work
open /Applications/Unvanquished --args +set cl_renderer GL

Amazonian1515
Mantis

Post by Amazonian1515 »

My machine is top-o'-the-line and can run OpenGL, just runs smoother (Like 10fps) on Vanilla.

Command didn't work, though I'm not sure how you wanted me to get to this location.
Do you want me to use the Open Contents feature? There's nothing of use in that part from what I can see.

danmal

Post by danmal »

Enter the following command into the terminal

open /Applications/Unvanquished --args +set cl_renderer GL

You may have to modify the path if Unvanquished was not installed to /Applications