Memory issue, broken map (plat23-b9) and driver issue?

Get support for Unvanquished.
rocknroll237

Memory issue, broken map (plat23-b9) and driver issue?

Post by rocknroll237 »

Hey guys,

I like Unvanquished a lot, so don't feel as if I'm putting the game down, but today I encountered some rather nasty bugs.

To start with, during downloading/installtion (completely fresh install), a dialog box popped up and said that the map plat23-b9 was corrupt. I opted to redownload it but the same error occured. I discovered that I still had it in the game folder and ran it on a local server. The map was completely black and completely unplayable. I then asked someone on IRC to give me a link to the map online, downloaded it and put it in Unvanquished. It ran fine and looked sweet. So, I think something must be wrong with the inital map download service.

Another thing that made the game totally unplayable were the 'memory allocation' crashes. I have 4GB RAM and had something like 65%-70% free RAM, yet after playing certain maps (ones like Thunder crash on start) the game crashed, saying I was out of RAM.

Finally, for some reason, this might be a total coincidence, after restarting my machine, my gpu drivers were messed up and Windows had resorted to automatically installing some shitty drivers for me. I'm not sure if this was caused by Unvanquished, but I think it might be.

Just thought I should let you guys know this is happening.

Anyway, I think I'll leave the game for now, until the memory issues are fixed.

Cya later. :p

IceNote

Re: Memory issue, broken map (plat23-b9) and driver issue?

Post by IceNote »

Yea i got the same problem.

ViruS
Granger

Re: Memory issue, broken map (plat23-b9) and driver issue?

Post by ViruS »

Odly enough, it's the first alpha Thunder works for me.

ImageImageYou[TubeImage