Slight problem with the AutoDownload...

Get support for Unvanquished.
AngelKnight

Slight problem with the AutoDownload...

Post by AngelKnight »

Okay, so I just got this yesterday, and when I was prompted to create an account there was an option for AutoDownload; I thought that the download aspects were the same as Trem, so I clicked it to 'no'. However, when I tried to join a server, it kicked me because it was a pure server, and then something about corrupted files, and it said I should turn AutoDownload on. Slight problem with that; after scouring the options both in-game, and in the menu, I couldn't find that AutoDownload anywhere. Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Fuma
Programmer

Re: Slight problem with the AutoDownload...

Post by Fuma »

You are correct, I don't see the option anywhere in the UI. That is a UX bug on our end. We should not be allowing people to turn auto download off because then they will not be able to easily get new maps.

You can turn it on manually by pressing ~ and then typing /cl_allowDownload 1 [ ENTER ] and /cl_wwwDownload 1 [ ENTER ]

velociostrich
Dragoon

Re: Slight problem with the AutoDownload...

Post by velociostrich »

Fuma wrote:

We should not be allowing people to turn auto download off because then they will not be able to easily get new maps.

I am of the opinon that we should absolutely have the option to disable auto-downloading for users if they so choose, but there should be some explanation as to what it does. (I suppose when we get libRocket working, we could add support for tooltip explanations of different options.) Aside from possible security implications, users might join a modded server not realizing that they have done so until they reach the download prompt, then want to abort the download(s) before they even begin. The last thing a new user wants is to join a server that modifies the main menu, for example, and have no clue as to how to revert the change.